PF Withdrawal: Withdrawing your provident fund through online is easy and quick. You do not need to go to the office of the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). You can apply online through your personal computer and your smartphone. Your smartphone is enough to help you apply for your PF claim.
PF Withdrawal Online Procedure
Follow the steps given below to fill the PF withdrawal form and claim online: –
- Sign in to the UAN Member Portal with your UAN and Password.
- From the top menu bar, click on the ‘Online Services’ tab and select ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’ from the drop-down menu.
- Member Details will be displayed on the screen. Enter your bank account number and click on ‘Verify‘
- Click on ‘Yes’ to sign the certificate of the undertaking and proceed further
- Now click on the ‘Proceed for Online Claim’ option
- Select ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ to withdraw your funds online
- A fresh section of the form will open, wherein you have to select the ‘Purpose for which advance is required’, the amount required and the employee’s address
- It is worth noting that all options for which the employee is not eligible for withdrawal will be mentioned in red.
- Tick on the certification and submit your application
- You may have to submit scanned documents depending on the purpose for which you have filled the form
- EPFO has to approve your withdrawal request after which the money will be withdrawn from your PF account and deposited in the bank account mentioned at the time of filling the withdrawal form.
Withdrawal of PF through UMANG App
Withdrawal of your provident fund through UMANG App is easy and quick.
- Download the UMANG app
- Go to the search menu and look for EPFO
- Choose ‘Employee Centric’, click ‘Raise Claim’ and enter EPF UAN number
- Enter the OTP that is sent to your phone number, choose the type of withdrawal and submit through UMANG
- A claim reference number will be sent to you and you can use this to track the status of your claim
The SMS notification will be sent to your mobile number registered with EPFO. After the claim is processed, the amount will be transferred to your bank account. Although no formal time limit has been provided by the EPFO, the money is usually deposited within 10-15 days.